Monday, April 16, 2018

Custom Shadespire Terrain

Wow it’s now 2018.  I believe my last post was way back in 2012, I am surprised I am still able to access this blog.

So what have I been up to lately?  For the most part, I’ve been busy with work a lot.  Obviously the idea of maintaining a regular blog was soon abandoned.  Now we come to the part why I decided to make a new post.  Mostly just for fun I guess. I also wanted to share a recent hobby project I worked on.

A few months back I bought a game called Shadespire.  It’s a game by Games Workshop that is set in their Warhammer Age of Sigmar universe.  The game is a tactical miniatures game played on a hexagonal grid gameboard.

The game had these hexagonal spaces which signified some blocking terrain. Unfortunately the only way to tell if they are such is via a darker shade on the hex and a slighly thicker border line, which in my opinion, could be missed by some players.




That got me thinking, wouldn’t it be better if they had some token or 3D obstacle to show which of these hexes are impassable.  So next thing you know, I made the decision to make some custom terrain myself and here are the finished products.  Till next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment