Sunday, July 31, 2011

Die-cast Door Dilemmas

It was one of those rainy Sunday afternoons again, so I've decided to stay home and work on my worn out Bluestreak figure.  I've chosen to keep the car’s original blue color and disregarded my initial ideas of doing a completely different paint job on this model. 

In preparation for the first coat of spray paint, I had to cover up the surfaces that I didn’t want painted over with some paper and tape.  While I was masking the vehicle, I noticed a crack on one of the rear door hinge. 

  
This reminded me of the broken door on my Aston Martin DB5. Although unlike the Aston, I don’t really see any other symptoms of a zinc pest attack on this car apart from the unexplained crack I just mentioned.  This may be a different case altogether; it is possible that the break was caused by  the repetitive “transformation” process from vehicle to robot mode and back.

I guess after I’m done giving this Transformer a new coat of paint, Bluestreak will really need to avoid converting to and from his various modes.  After all, we wouldn’t want his fresh paint to get scratched nor do we want his door to fall of completely.

Not quite done, but almost there...

No comments:

Post a Comment