Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bluestreak Repainted


Transformers Binaltech BT-19 Bluestreak
by Takara-Tomy
Paint: Tamiya Color TS-50 Mica Blue
Finish: Gunze Sangyo Mr. Hobby Topcoat - Gloss

I had the opportunity to finish my Bluestreak repaint today.  To be honest, I was a bit unsatisfied with the results.  However, I think it's still a decent attempt from someone who haven't been modeling for quite a while now.  I did accomplish my main goal of removing all of the scratches and the faded colors on the vehicle's body.

Here are some before and after pictures...



Unfortunately, as mentioned in one of my earlier posts, this Autobot will have to go into retirement and live the rest of its life as a display piece due to a cracked hinge on one of the rear doors.  I will, however, keep an eye out for people selling their broken toys. Who knows, maybe someday I'll find a suitable replacement part and truly be able to restore this Transformer to its former glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment