Friday, August 26, 2011

One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure

I recently found an old beat up Hasbro Transformer Alternators: Silverstreak figure.  The previous owner left it in a really sorry state.  Its paint job was scratched all over and some of its parts have already fallen off.  Under normal circumstances one wouldn't buy something in this condition. However, being cast from the same mold as Bluestreak, this guy had the right parts I needed to replace the broken hinge on my Binaltech figure.


 After a quick paint job, my Bluestreak is now completely refurbished.

As good as new. (Well almost...)
I can now officially conclude this restoration job.  But before I start working on my next project, I will leave you guys with a little Transformers trivia:

Hasbro and Takara often used the same car molds to produce several characters in their Transformers toy line.  Bluestreak and Silverstreak, however, were one and the same character. The name change was due to some trademark issue back then.  To add to the confusion, the original Hasbro G1 Bluestreak toy wasn’t even blue in the first place.

Baffled? Here are a couple of links to explain more about this Autobot’s colorful history.

No comments:

Post a Comment